Saturday 5 October 2013

Dots and Stripes Tutorial

I'm not entirely certain what to call this design but I thought I'd put together a quick tutorial for it :). As I  freak out at the sound of my own voice on tape I have put together a picture series.
dots-stripes-tutorial-nail-art-manicure-pink-holographic

1) For this you need a pale pink polish (I like sheer but you choose one you like), a holographic pink polish, a medium striping brush, a small dotting tool and either a white and black Barry M nail art pen or polishes to dot with.

2) Paint on two coats of the pale pink polish

3) Use the holographic polish and the striping brush to make curves on your nails (as shown on the middle and ring fingers). Then fill the shapes in with the striping brush (as shown on the index and little fingers)

4) Add dots on the sides of the shapes using the pink polish and your dotting tool

5) Add white dots along the sides of the pink shapes

6)Add black dots to any gaps for definition.

The polishes I used are OPI Bubblebath and Emily de Molly Where Boys Fear to Tread















There you go :). If you try this design out I would love to see it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow this looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - great tutorial too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)