Tuesday 5 November 2013

Top Ten Polishes for Winter

I think Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons, I put together a colour scheme for Autumn to keep running through my posts although I did not share it with you. I thought I'd share with you my top ten polishes to wear in Winter. Half are big brands and half are indies and I have included polishes over a range of prices.
We have NYC Ink Stain (£1.99, Superdrug), the perfect deep blue for when nights are drawing in- it will work with any outerwear and add some definition to your hand. OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress (£11.50, OPI), an idyllic deep red for when you need sophisticated nails to go with your little black dress Nails Inc Maida Vale (£11, Nails Inc) is a full coverage icy glitter that will remind you of a snow storm. Use this as an accent nail in a white dotticure for maximum impact. Also by Nails Inc Covent Garden Ballet(£11, Nails Inc) is a soft grey polish with a blush shimmer running through it, this is nail polish to wear as you cuddle up by the fire in your favourite cashmere cardigan. For the most stunning and powerful ice queen nails try this stunning ice blue holographic polish Moondance by Topshop (£6, Topshop).
Next we have the indies, Fandom Cosmetics Snowing(US$8.50, Fandom Cosmetics) is a clear based bright red glitter with black circles and white hearts, use this as an accent nail with some red rose nail art over a white background for a striking look. Next up we have two Ethereal Lacquers, Callisto the amazing deep grey holographic polish with blue glitter and Thigh Highs a nude polish with a subtle gold shimmer. These are both fantastic soft polishes great for when you just want to wrap up warm and snuggle up. Serum No. 5 Shrinking Violet is a very sheer pale purple polish with blue and purple glitter and gold shimmer. Faerie Wisdom by Liquid Sky Lacquer is a clear based glitter with a great combination of matte neon glitters and holographic glitters. This is a great way to make neon wearable in winter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)