Friday 13 September 2013

31 DC Animal Print

I feel like I am bending the prompt a little bit with this one, I didn't want to do any standard safari animal print so I decided to take my inspiration from four British birds. To make them look like a well rounded mani I made them all into half moon designs.
I won't list any of the colours I used for this because typically I was mixing three colours together and sponging them on so you wouldn't have a colour accurate idea.  The barn swallow has yellow in it not orange because the gapes(what you can see when their mouths are open) of the chicks are bright yellow.
I really like how this came out :) and I'm really glad I went for something inventive rather than falling back on the old favourite leopard print.
Admittedly these are much more sparkly than the real birds but hey, it's nail art and in my opinion the sparklier the better :).

5 comments:

  1. Very clever designs and great thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours might be the most unique today :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely trying to be unique :), thanks

      Delete
  3. i love the way you represented each bird, it looks great!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)