Thursday 26 December 2013

Tara's Talons Advent Calendar Review

This year I had a Nail polish Advent calendar from Tara's Talons- one new polish everyday for advent, how could I refuse! I know Tara has already started taking pre orders for next year's calendar so I thought I would show you what was in mine.
Those of you with keen eyes will have spotted the missing nail polish- it has vanished into my helmer. First off the majority of these are hits for me, there are a couple I don't really like but there are also a few that I absolutely adore :). There is a good variety of colours and finishes here.
So here we have Dasher, Bauble, Three Wise Men, Prancer. The corals- a jelly glitter, a creme, a crelly glitter and a shimmer(doesn't really show well over the black). I really like Three Wise Men, a deep coral polish with gold glitter, however I don't know how I'll use Prancer.
Dancer, Rudolph, Christmas Fairy, Vixen: Two jelly glitters, a shimmer and a creme. My favourite here is Rudolph but I really like all four of these- Vixen is an amazing purple colour.
The purples; Silent Night, Donner, Deck the Halls, Letter to Santa. My favourite is Deck the halls a glorious purple and gold mix. Many of these look better with top coat/undies to smooth over the glitter a little.
The blues; Blitzen, Comet, Angel, Carollers. Blitzen and Comet are both duo chromes with a blue/purple shift. And then Angel is a creme and Carollers a glitter. The duo chromes are subtly different from each other but given that they have been all the rage this year I am very pleased to see them.
The greens; Cupid, Santa's Helper, Merry Christmas, Happy Elf. I love love love Santa's Helper a sage green polish with glints of gold. Might have to ask Tara to make me up a full bottle of this!
The glitters; Naughty or Nice, Crackers, Mistletoe, Tinsel. I like all of these ones but Crackers is amazing, a dense red and gold glitter with sparse other colours thrown in for added interest.
I would definitely purchase refills for next year. Tara's Talons polishes are always very high quality. Each polish here is unique or limited edition although the names are the same in every calendar. 

1 comment:

  1. wow they are completely different to mine, don't know how she did so many different ones!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)