Wednesday 15 January 2014

What's on my face?

I thought I would show you what I use most often in my neutral makeup look. I am usually aiming to look like I'm not wearing any makeup and these products are how I achieve that.
First my cheek products, the fabulous Elf Baked Blush in Pinktastic and Bourjois Cream Blush 03. I use the ELF as a highlighter not a blush as it's very light reflecting and a very small amount blended in looks amazing. I apply the cream brush with my fingers and it's very easy to get just a light wash of colour.
My go to mascara is Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long Wear Mascara, the wand is very small and easy to use on my small eyes and short lashes and gives a fantastic natural but defined look. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold to create a sheer wash of brightening colour across the eyelid, I prefer to use my fingers to apply this. I also use the Bare Minerals The Affair to Remember palette for a neutral eye look, however the brush that came with it is a little stiff so I use other brushes I own. Finally for an enhancing natural look I use Bourjois Intuitive Liner to add dots into my lash line which adds volume to my lashes without the bold look of a black eyeliner.
For my base I use Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation in Porcelain, this gives a dewy look to the skin and doesn't interfere with my combination skin,. I also use the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in porcelain although I feel that a liquid concealer such as the Nars Creamy Concealer might be easier to apply. However, I love the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque which erases my dark circles and can easily be blended into the under eye area. I use Benefit the Porefessional under my foundation. For a finished look I use Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Honey on my lips, I have very dry lips and this adds both colour and moisture, I really like the peppermint fragrance as well.
My top pick here is the Revlon Lip Stain, I use it all the time- so much so that the writing has worn off! You don't need a mirror to apply it and you don't need to sharpen it at all. I'm very excited to try the new matte lip stains when they come out this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)