Monday 13 January 2014

Floral ruffian

I have been looking at some fashion pieces to get ideas for my nail art and this dress by Albert Ferretti inspired these off centre ruffian floral nails:
I used Nails Inc Porchester Place for the orange base then painted on the ruffian (tutorial) with Barry M Lychee, sitting it slightly off centre so I had a sweep of colour down the side of the nail. I then used a small nail art brush and Barry M Passionfruit and Key Lime, NYC Blue Sky and Nails Inc Phoenix Place to draw on the flowers. The accent nail is NYC Blue Sky with Digital Nails Ultimate Ginger. 
I love this! I'm making a really effort to come up with some unusual colour combinations and nail art choices and I just love how this came out. The off centre ruffian is very fresh and cool, and incredibly easy to do if you have steady hands. 
For my right hand instead of using a brush to draw the flowers I used my dotting tool to put on splotches of the same colours- it looks exactly the same from a normal distance but you can see the difference here:
If you are not confident using a brush I would just go in with a dotting tool- it's still very effective.  For such a simple design it looks amazing! 

3 comments:

  1. Your designs show off the dress so well! I love your ruffain - you always get it so perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, you did the dress proud, it looks like a great match! The glitter accent nail fits it all so perfectly :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really sweet! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)