Sunday 9 June 2013

There's something fishy going on

I love fish, I think they're fascinating biologically and just to watch. It's a long running joke amongst my friends that I am just obsessed with them, therefore it won't come as a surprise to any of them that I have taken the final step and painted fish on my nails. I used the Mr. Candiipants tutorial for the design of the coy and the Manicurator design for the fish scales on my other nails.
I love this so much, I keep looking at the fish and just grinning to myself. This is a specific manicure to fit in with the Crumpet's June Amateur Nail Art Contest for which the theme is pink. When I was brainstorming ideas for pink I came up with the idea of tropical fish and remembered this tutorial and the scales design and decided to pair them up using six different shades of pink for the scales.
To get that shiny watery look that fish scales have I top coated those nails with Digital Nails Spectraflair top coat and they look fab.
The gold I used for the outlining wasn't quite as opaque as I was hoping for but I like it none the less.

I have included the polishes used in list form because there are so many of them.
Pinks:
Barry M Passion Fruit and Super Drug LE 2013
Orly Hottie
OPI  Flashbulb Fuchsia
Cadillacquer Live Free
Essie It's Genius

Fish:
Essence White
Barry M Black
Nail Girls Gold
OPI Can't Find my Czech Book and Moon Raker
Digital Nails Spectraflair Top coat
I hope you like this manicure as much as I do, it definitely has to be one of my favourites.

4 comments:

  1. I love fishy nails! Where did you get the Spectraflair from? Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :). The spectraflair was from Digital Nails' etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DigitalNails?ref=shop_sugg) but I don't think she has any in at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)