Saturday 8 June 2013

Striped Half Moon

Stripy nails with a nude half moon have been popping up all over the place, notably on Pshiiit! and Globe and Nail this week. When I got my hands on the new Barry M Gelly summer collection polishes I decided to do this with Mango and Passion Fruit. I'm not normally an orange person- I don't think I've used my single orange polish since I started my blog and for a good few months before that but Mango is a beautiful creamy orange which really suits my skin tone (fair, very fair). I used hole reinforcer stickers to create the half moons and then free handed the lines of Passion Fruit using a short striping brush, I then added a curve of gold from the Revlon Nail art expressionist set using the thin striping brush included in the polish.

This style makes my nails look really long and it's really classy, with the bright colour adding interest. 


This Barry M collection is really coherent, I think all of the shades go together fantastically and I can see myself wearing them very frequently. I'm particularly looking forward to trying Blue Grape which looks like a brilliant shade of blue. Currently in SuperDrug for £3.99 there are also two limited edition polishes which you get free if you spend £6 on Barry M.
I wore these nails to a picnic at the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge which are amazing at the moment, gloriously sunny with loads of flowers out.
I totally missed my blog's 2 month anniversary so yay I've been blogging for 2 months and a week :). It takes up time but I really love it and it challenges me to make my nail art better every time. I'm also really enjoying the blogging community and doing challenges. Thank you to everyone who is following me and reading my posts, it makes me really happy when I have page views and comments on my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)