Wednesday 12 June 2013

When Monkeys Fly

For an end of exams present my friend got me OPIs When Monkeys Fly, the highly discussed polish in the Wizard of Oz collection due to some of the bottles having curling glitter. So I was eager to get it onto my nails and see if mine had the curl. They do curl but not enough to bother me and I was on standby with tweezers to turn them over to sit on the curve of my nail. I decided to use a glitter sandwich to show this off using OPI Bubble Bath as my jelly. I left the glitter as is on my ring finger to show off the holographic hexes which get masked by the  coat of bubble bath.

This is three coats of bubble bath and a dabbed coat of polish with one more coat of bubble bath over the top. I love how natural and understated it looks and I decided to leave the nail line showing to make it look a little like a french mani. I apologise for the variance in length, this is my right hand and I had a couple of breaks but my nails grow so slowly that I didn't want to cut the others down.
I'm not sure I would ever have bought this polish but I really love it and can see it becoming a staple for when I want an understated look which is still interesting.
And now for something totally different I want to show you arguably the most famous view of Cambridge that there is and that is of Kings College Chapel from across the river. I took this at twilight on a late evening walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)