Friday 24 May 2013

Forgotten Friday-Magnetic polish gradient

For my second forgotten friday post I will use three magnetic polishes which I have had for about a year- Barry M Magnetic Burgundy, Violet and Blue. It kind of feels like the nail blogging community in general has forgotten about magnetic polishes but I think they are the easiest way for non-nail art fanatics to create a consistent impressive nail art effect. I'm trying something a little different with these a gradient manicure. I had a scout around on the net to see if someone had worked out how to do this and lo and behold Dressed Up Digits had. I'm so excited to show you this manicure ;).

I sponged on the gradient using the Nailasauruses technique, I think this is three rounds of sponging and then top coated with a regular non fast dry topcoat one by one and used the starburst magnet to make the pattern. I then top coated again with Seche Vite.

Magnetic nail polish has a depth to it that other polishes just fail to achieve and I just love it. Being able to do a gradient with them  just pulls them to a whole other level. They are not the polishes I would reach for when I'm trying to do a freehand mani but for something a little bit different these are perfect



I love the red, it's very deep and sexy, the whole look came out a little gothic but I think the blue saves it from being too moody teenager esque. It's one of the ones where you can't stop looking at your hand

1 comment:

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)