Tuesday 28 May 2013

Third May Tricolour Challenge

For my third may tricolour mani I have gone for the cloud mani (my A England version here). I can't remember where but I saw someone who had done a beautiful cloud mani using white in between the colours to give it a different look (if you know who this is please let me know so I can link to them). I decided to use the grey for this function. I started with a black base and built the colours up on top of this.
I love this so much! The stark contrast against the black and the ruffled effect make me think of a curtain coming up in a theatre.
This mani gets very thick on the nail tips as there are 6 layers of polish there but I don't even care. If I had had free choice of colours I might have used a dark grey as the base (like A England Dorian Gray) instead of the black but of course you have to play by the rules of the challenge. I think this mani has a very different feel to the previous two probably due to the inclusion of the black.

I have a striping idea in mind for the next post but I'll have to see if it works out how it looks in my head.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! It looks so delicate compared to a regular cloud mani-thinner clouds, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cloud mani! this is a very nice twist!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)