Sunday 12 May 2013

Dominatrix Dotticure

Sorry for the provocative title but what else would I call a manicure combining shiny black, matte black and flakies. I really expected this to photograph poorly but it looks pretty good apart from that the matt looks really grey in the photos (it looks more black in real life.) It's a really subtle mani and I love that about it. I would never wear solid black nail polish (anymore- we all had a goth stage) but the matt and the glitter makes it less intimidating.


The polishes in this are Barry M Black, Mavala Matte Top Coat and Orly Fowl Play. Fowl Play looks amazing on top of black- I plan to do a black to Fowl Play gradient sometime soon.

I love the flakies in Fowl Play the colour is incredible but I hate it alone- the base colour doesn't suit me and I just don't like it very much. However, this manicure has saved it for me.



It's great to do nail art again- I feel like I've done a lot of swatches recently because these beautiful polishes arrive and I just want to try them out. Nail art is my first love though and I have gone on a strict no more polish 'diet' until I get a paying job following graduation so I will be doing a lot more art and practically no swatches (bar the polishes which are on their way to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)