Friday 5 April 2013

Daisy chain nails

I really wanted to do a simple, sweet manicure as spring has officially arrived in the UK. I am not the biggest fan of pastels (which seem almost mandatory in spring) so I decided to do a nude style with some daisy chains so that when I look at my hand I'm reminded of hours spent making daisy chains as a child. I did these freehand and was really pleased with them :). I am also entering this into The Crumpet's April Amateur nail art contest for which the theme is flowers.


This is the only nude shade I own and I love it- Mavala Nicosia it's so flattering on my skin tone. NYC high line green for the stems, Bourjois Sunny sun for the centres of the flowers and an elegant touch white from their french manicure set for the flowers which is fantastic requiring only one coat to be opaque- I always worry with free handing that if I have to go in and do multiple coats I will lose the definition and it will look messy. This came off so much better than I was expecting for a first try, it's so whimsical- I love it

2 comments:

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)