Tuesday 23 April 2013

Big Bang Theory Penny

I really wanted to do some more TV themed nails and after I got hold of some OPI I'm not really a waitress I knew which series I was going to do. Penny is an actress working as a waitress. I'm going to show you a swatch of I'm not really a waitress and then show you the skittley nail art I did on top of it.

OPI I'm not really a waitress
It's a gorgeous hollywood starlet glossy red and it sort of makes you want to go take bombshell photos sitting on car bonnets.


These photos are with a coat of Seche Vite because I need the fast drying properties but the polish is impeccably glossy on its own.



And here's the nail art- I wanted to do a few different bits of nail art which used I'm not really a waitress as the focal colour. So I have a  combination of a tape mani, some leopard print, glitter and a polka dot gradient.


I normally don't like leopard print but in this very subtle combination of it I really like it. This was my first ever skittle :) and I think it came off really well- I actually tried out the tape finger the other way around but it stood out too much and I had to take it off and swap it. The other nail I really love in this is the polka dot gradient on my thumb- I've been thinking of it all day as sexy ladybird :). 


So the gold I used is Revlon Hypnotise, the black is Barry M black, the other polish in the dotticure is Butter London The Black Knight and the glitter on my middle finger is Jessica Platinum Wishes.

So there you have it a tribute to Penny from big Bang Theory- admittedly mostly from the name of the focal polish- OPI's I'm not really a waitress. It might be a couple of days before I post again as I am super busy and I just love this mani so much I probably won't take it off until it chips :).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)