Wednesday 24 April 2013

My Vampire is buff

Today I'm going to show you OPI's My vampire is buff. This is a beautiful creme finish nude cream colour. It looks like someone has painted an iced latte onto my nails. It applied very well and although it was streaky after the first coat this is not visible after the second coat. I was fairly surprised at just how opaque this was after two coats.


I am going to start doing two day posts where I'll hopefully show you a plain polish one day and then do something over the top of it the next. This will last for the duration of my revision and exam period. This is because I just don't have the time or energy to do new nails every single day and also because as my nail polish skills are getting better I want to keep the designs I do on my nails for longer.



The first two pictures I've shown you are without any top coat. The following picture is with a coat of Seche Vite and as you can see it makes very little impact on the polish simply adding a tiny bit of extra shine and protection from chipping.



I wasn't very certain about this colour when I first put it on but it has been growing on me. It is the perfect antidote to crazy colour combinations and also the very dark nails I have been wearing recently. It just looks very neat and clean. This colour is also bang on trend this season as nude nails seem to be 'in'. Not that I generally follow fashion but it's nice when you spot a trend the actually suits you/that you like.

You may have noticed that this post is slightly more coherent than previous posts and has longer paragraphs. This is because I received some rather harsh feedback today that I need to learn how to structure my writing better before my exams come up. I really can't think of a better way to do this than to make sure that I use the techniques I have been told to when writing this blog. As I write here nearly every day I hope that in the next month or so writing well structured paragraphs will simply become habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)